[OE-core] mesa, libgbm and weston

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Apr 26 19:06:35 UTC 2016

On 26 April 2016 at 12:36, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> We used virtual/mesa to mean "the Mesa APIs and so on" so libgbm is
> covered by this.  Of course at the time there was only one implementation
> in mesa.  Now that there are genuine alternative reimplementations of
> libgdm then I agree that a virtual/libgbm is a good move, and replacing all
> of the virtual/mesa instances that are actually just for libgdm.

Just had a chat with a friendly graphics developer.  Currently libgbm is
tied to the drivers and GL stack implementation, so it makes perfect sense
that mesa's libgbm should probably be renamed along with the GL bits to
libgbm-mesa, and other drivers ship their own libgbm, and we have a
virtual/libgbm to pick between.

Patches welcome from someone who has relevant hardware to test it actually
works.

Ross