[OE-core] want to verify proper use of run-postinsts, if i may

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Aug 1 16:14:53 UTC 2016

On 29 July 2016 at 12:54, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   it's not just package post stuff here, i'm looking at run-postinsts
> to do a *lot* of subsequent setup of the target system -- effectively
> downloading and installing the entire proprietary application.

I wouldn't target run-postinst directly here, but either write your own
recipe shipping an init script that self-destructs, or has a postinst that
defers using so it runs on first boot.

I'm not very happy with the layout of run-postinsts so may end up changing
it in the next release cycle.  Assuming things about it - such as the name
of the package or where to drop scripts - could bite you in the future.

Ross