[OE-core] what must i supply WRT UBOOT_CONFIG/UBOOT_MACHINE when u-boot isn't in BSP?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Aug 6 11:26:28 UTC 2016

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016, Khem Raj wrote:

> > > perhaps you need to set UBOOT_MACHINE = "config"
> >
> >   i apologize, but i have no idea what that means. does that mean i
> > want to build that package, and it will consult /etc/fw_env.config
> > when the executables are run?
>
> well, the errors you reported above are issued when OE is trying to
> build the u-boot-fw-utils recipe and BSP does not define the
> UBOOT_MACHINE, I was merely pointing to a possible solution. I do
> not know your usecase.

  i'm trying to add the u-boot-fw-utils package to an image for which
i don't have a u-boot recipe available for the target board, so i
can't just set UBOOT_MACHINE. i just want to know what i have to
provide to the u-boot-fw-utils recipe in terms of u-boot config info
manually to get a build.

  i have the relevant info for the /etc/fw_env.config file that
fw_printenv and fw_setenv need to run, i just don't know how to add
that to the build process.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca