[OE-core] what means IMAGE_ROOTFS_EXTRA_SPACE_append += "+ 3000000"?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Aug 18 09:19:17 UTC 2016

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016, Jérémy Rosen wrote:

> On 17/08/2016 16:01, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >    as in, what's with the "+" in that "+ 3000000" value? i've
> > never seen that before, and i took a quick look under classes/ to
> > try to figure out what's happening, but i'm still confused.

> you're reading too much into this

  yeah, i get that a lot. :-)

> "+ 3000000" will append the string "+ 3000000" to the string
> contained in the IMAGE_ROOTFS_EXTRA_SPACE variable
>
> I am not sure who consumes that variable, but I assume it's
> something that's able to do math and will properly compute the final
> value.
>
> you can always run "bitbake -e core-image-kernel-dev" in a pager an
> look at the final value to see what's happening...

  i assumed as much after another quick look at that; obviously, the
variable IMAGE_ROOTFS_EXTRA_SPACE will have a default value, to which
one can add a subsequent fudge factor based on ... whatever. anyway,
could still use a cleanup tweak to be consistent with the other usages
of it.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca