[OE-core] Why are verbose makefiles enabled by default in cmake bbclass ?

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Fri Aug 19 14:10:38 UTC 2016

Hello,

in a project, I'd like to disable verbose makefiles (the bbclass sets
CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE to 1), since the log output becomes very large,
and finding compiler errors becomes more difficult. I think there is no
problem in overriding the default in my recipe. However, I wonder if
there was a specific reason for setting CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE to 1 in
the cmake.bbclass, or if this was just preference. Any ideas?