[OE-core] pointercal-xinput?

Maxin B. John maxin.john at intel.com
Mon Aug 29 10:31:33 UTC 2016

Hi Gary,

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 12:30:23PM +0200, Gary Thomas wrote:
> Is this recipe relevant any more (since pointercal was removed)?
>   ${Poky}/meta/recipes-graphics/xinput-calibrator/pointercal-xinput_0.0.bb

Yes, it is still used by the xinput_calibrator binary.

If there is a  pointercal file (/etc/pointercal.xinput) defined for the device,
xinput_calibrator use it. Otherwise, the startup script runs the calibrator
and save the ‘xinput’ commands printed on stdout in the pointercal file.

https://github.com/tias/xinput_calibrator/wiki/Making-calibration-values-permanent

Have tried a core-image-sato build with meta-fsl-arm for imx28evk to locate the
obvious failures. Build was successful.

> It, along with a .bbappend in meta-fsl-arm, is giving me runtime
> errors:
>   Using calibration data stored in /etc/pointercal.xinput
>   Invalid format 42060
>   unable to find device EETI eGalax Touch Screen
>   Warning: error parsing geometry string - using defaults.
>   Using calibration data stored in /etc/pointercal.xinput
>   Invalid format 42060
>   unable to find device EETI eGalax Touch Screen
>   Warning: error parsing geometry string - using defaults.

Are you using this specific touch screen in your device?

Most probably, we should fix the pointercal.xinput file in meta-fsl-arm for the
latest xinput_calibrator, for your machine. Please do file a bug.

Best Regards,
Maxin