[OE-core] Review request 0/21: ltp: add libwww-perl-perl to RDEPENDS

Yu, Mingli mingli.yu at windriver.com
Tue Aug 30 06:23:37 UTC 2016

On 2016年08月29日 19:52, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> On 08/29/2016 05:16 AM, mingli.yu at windriver.com wrote:
>> The series add libwww-perl-perl to RDEPENDS for ltp as
>> STPfailure_report.pl provided by ltp depends
>> on LWP/Simple.pm which is provided by libwww-perl-perl
>
> You are adding 20 new recipes, just to support something in a single
> perl script in a single project. Please investigate, what is that
> something, is it truly needed in oe-core context, and can it be
> disabled, patched out or rewritten so that it doesn't pull in this
> massive list of dependencies.

Thanks Alex for your comments!
1, Have double checked the script STPfailure_report.pl history from the
ltp repo(git://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp.git), it is added as
a tool to analyze failures from LTP runs on the OSDL's Scaleable Test
Platform (STP) as below:

commit f0573facbbbf14798cc5b7d4653a5e46b4b95fa5
Author: robbiew <robbiew>
Date:   Wed Apr 28 19:21:39 2004 +0000

     Added tool for analyzing failures from LTP runs on the OSDL's
Scaleable Test Platform (STP)

2, And go through the contents of the script STPfailure_report.pl and it
mainly needs to access http://khack.osdl.org to retrieve ltp test
results run on OSDL's Scaleable Test Platform (STP) and print the
reports, and now the website http://khack.osdl.org not accessible.

So we don't need to add so many new recipes for dependencies for this
script STPfailure_report.pl.

Sorry for noise, please ignore it.

And will reorganize the logic to resend another patch not deploy this
script to our system to avoid confusing about this script fails to run.

Thanks,
Grace