[OE-core] multiconfig + siteinfo.bbclass

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Dec 14 15:37:43 UTC 2016

Hello!

While trying out a multiconfig with two configurations (one for MACHINE
= intel-corei7-64, one for quark) in custom Ostro derivative I got an
error while parsing recipes:

ERROR: /work/iot-ref-kit/openembedded-core/../meta-openembedded/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python/python-m2crypto_0.23.0.bb: Unable to determine endianness for architecture 'INVALID'

That error comes from OE-core's meta/classes/siteinfo.bbclass;

python () {
    sitedata = set(siteinfo_data(d))
    if "endian-little" in sitedata:
        d.setVar("SITEINFO_ENDIANNESS", "le")
    elif "endian-big" in sitedata:
        d.setVar("SITEINFO_ENDIANNESS", "be")
    else:
        bb.error("Unable to determine endianness for architecture '%s'" %
                 d.getVar("HOST_ARCH", True))
        bb.fatal("Please add your architecture to siteinfo.bbclass")

HOST_ARCH is set to "x86_64" when not using BBMULTICONFIG in local.conf.

It's not specific to that recipe, everything using siteinfo.bbclass
seems to be affected. OE-core is d62f18c3 and bitbake is b65a81933 -
both fairly recent, but not quite master. I don't see any relevant
changes since then.

However, I can't reproduce this with just Poky :-/ Any suggestions?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.