[OE-core] [RFT] Glibc 2.23 and binutils 2.26

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:02:28 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 1:12 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-01-31 at 08:32 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
>> On Fri, 2016-01-29 at 06:44 -0800, Khem Raj wrote:

>> > binutils exposes a problem for ppc as a result kernel fails to
>> > build.
>> > The fix is to drop
>> > http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/recipes-dev
>> > ols/gcc/gcc-5.3/0030-Enable-SPE-AltiVec-generation-on-powepc-linux
>> > -target.patch
>> >
>> > that patch makes generic ppc configs to be specific to fsl ppc.
>> > but we need context as to why this was done
>> >
>> > glibc is still not released.
>>
>> I ran the binutils upgrade in -next on the autobuilder. It looked
>> mostly good but with poky-lsb we did see:
>>
>> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/builders/nightly-x86-64-lsb
>> /b
>> uilds/635/steps/BuildImages/logs/stdio
>>
>> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/builders/nightly-x86-64-lsb
>> /b
>> uilds/635/steps/BuildImages_1/logs/stdio
>
> Good news is I fixed the binutils build issues.
>
> There was a window of available time on the autobuilder so I tested
> glibc 2.23 which failed in ltp with:
>
> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/builders/nightly-arm/builds/634/steps/BuildImages/logs/stdio
>
> bdflush01.c:84:25: fatal error: sys/kdaemon.h: No such file or directory
>
> That made the builds rather red with many failures but was the only
> error I could spot.

yes this is fixed and has been upstreamed as well :) see
https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commit/739bcd5619250b67f7d4eb28eb3ac68ac05db0f1

locally I am carrying a bigger set of fixes ( for musl ) so I did not
propose it yet.
I was expecting that we will upgrade ltp to latest release (20160126)
and get the above fix directly from upstream
before we upgrade to new glibc. If no one is upgrading ltp, I will put
an upgrade patch in my tree.