[OE-core] binutils upgrade to 2.26 failure - unsupported reloc 42 against global symbol __gmon_start__

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 03:06:20 UTC 2016

On 02/03/16 15:32, Martin Jansa wrote:
> This could be caused by chromium using own bundled binutils where the
> version doesn't match, I've solved it in our recipe by:
> +GYP_DEFINES_append = " linux_use_bundled_gold=0"
> +GYP_DEFINES_append = " linux_use_bundled_binutils=0"

w00t!! awesome. works for me :-)

So it looks like we both have working chromium recipes, yet the upstream
one doesn't work. What version are you building? For what arch (which
archs)? x11/wayland?

I have a working recipe for 50.0.2636.0, but I'm only interested in
x86_64 and x11. wayland+ozone is a whole other mess ;-)

At some point it'll probably be easier if we build chromium with
llvm-clang, the same as google is doing. Is that possible?