[OE-core] binutils upgrade to 2.26 failure - unsupported reloc 42 against global symbol __gmon_start__

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 03:30:29 UTC 2016

On 02/03/16 22:08, Khem Raj wrote:

>> On Feb 3, 2016, at 7:06 PM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 02/03/16 15:32, Martin Jansa wrote:
>>> This could be caused by chromium using own bundled binutils where the version doesn't match, I've solved it in our recipe by:
>>> +GYP_DEFINES_append = " linux_use_bundled_gold=0"
>>> +GYP_DEFINES_append = " linux_use_bundled_binutils=0"
>>
>> w00t!! awesome. works for me :-)
>>
>> So it looks like we both have working chromium recipes, yet the upstream one doesn't work. What version are you building? For what arch (which archs)? x11/wayland?
>
> please submit your patch for meta-browser

Any patch I submit is guaranteed to be rejected. It only supports x11
and has only been tested on x86_64. If nothing else it would have to be
named chromium-x11_<version>.bb, or something like that. I've actually
removed the wayland/ozone stuff from my recipe.

Considering each build of chromium takes me 2.5 hours (just for chromium
alone!) it makes it hard to care about environments I'm not using.

The only way chromium builds for wayland is when another project (ozone)
is added to the mix. But, in my tests so far, not every release of
chromium builds successfully with every version of ozone. So although
building for x11 is easy and works for just about each release, building
for wayland is much more hit-and-miss (and has less chance of success).

>> I have a working recipe for 50.0.2636.0, but I'm only interested in x86_64 and x11. wayland+ozone is a whole other mess ;-)
>>
>> At some point it'll probably be easier if we build chromium with llvm-clang, the same as google is doing. Is that possible?
>
> you can try using meta-clang

Okay. So if I have an image and everything in that image is built with
gcc except for chromium, meta-clang will know what it needs to add to
the image so that one clang-built package can run?