[OE-core] update-alternatives + absolute links

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue Feb 9 11:03:39 UTC 2016

Hello!

I noticed that toybox's switch_root has problems handling /sbin/init
-> /lib/systemd/systemd. Apparently it tries to check permissions with
stat() before switching the root, and at that point resolving the
symlink fails.

Are there reasons for preferring absolute paths as link target? Using
relative paths would avoid the problem, and also make it easier to
investigate the content of the rootfs on the build host.

Is that something that would have to be fixed in the different
virtual/update-alternatives providers? I'm using opkg-utils at the
moment.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.