[OE-core] Enabling tab completion on host gdb

Jonah Petri jpetri at izotope.com
Wed Feb 24 21:04:03 UTC 2016

Hello!
Does anyone know why host gdb (as built into a yocto sdk) does not have
working tab completion?

If I type "break wr" and then press tab, it does nothing.  However, if I
type:
(gdb) complete b wr
b write
b write at got.plt
b write at plt
b writer.h

So, the completions are there, but something is not hooked up properly.
We're using pretty close to stock poky 1.8, and the package is specifically:
x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/gdb-cross-canadian-arm/7.8.1-r0/

I never realized how much I depend on tab completion for productivity while
debugging, so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Jonah