[OE-core] [oe] [RFC] Delete all .la files?

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Mon Jan 4 19:01:46 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-01-04 at 17:28 +0000, Burton, Ross wrote:
> Technicalities time: should this be a new class that is in the default
> INHERIT_DISTRO?  Or directly integrated into base.bbclass?  Does anyone
> have a strong opinion either way?

I think I'd still be inclined to put it in autotools.bbclass, on the
basis that very few non-autotools recipes use libtool.  Second
preference, probably a new class as you suggest, following the argument
that we'd be better off with less rather than more "stuff" in
base.bbclass.  But I don't have a very strong opinion either way.

p.