[OE-core] gobject introspection - distccd?

Chris Trobridge christrobridge at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 5 07:56:24 UTC 2016

Problem solved - nothing to do with gobject introspection but from the other change I had made, to build for qemu.
packagegroup-core-device-devel is pulled in for qemu targets in poky.conf and packagegroup-core-device-devel rdepends on distcc-config.
> To: openembedded-core at lists.openembedded.org> From: alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
> Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 14:49:13 +0200
> Subject: Re: [OE-core] gobject introspection - distccd?
>
> On 01/04/2016 02:24 PM, Chris Trobridge wrote:
> > That's what I was thinking: gobject-introspection doesn't call it in
> > directly but it does require compilation to be performed on the 'target'
> > system and that could pull it in indirectly.
>
> g-introspection does not require compilation to be performed on the
> target. It requires running binaries that were cross-compiled for the
> target architecture, which is achieved by running them using qemu.

That's what I meant to imply by putting target in quotes.
> > distcc (and hence avahi) are not required, so is this a general problem
> > or just something I should explicitly remove from my image?
>
> I think it's a problem of your local setup; the g-o patchset definitely
> doesn't involve distcc at any point. You can build against a clean
> directory with only basic poky layers to verify that.
>

> Alex

Thanks,Chris