[OE-core] fido -> jethro switching problem

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fri Jan 15 13:24:46 UTC 2016

On 15.01.2016 14:06, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-01-15 at 13:03 +0100, Steffen Sledz wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> for our internal development we use the Angstrom distro with some
>> additional layers. Now we try to switch from fido to jethro branches
>> and hit a problem where we are overchallenged.
>>
>> Our local.conf contains
>>
>>   DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"
>>
>> what results in
>
> The error you pasted means that your setup has some kind of circular
> override references in it.
>
> Am I correct in understanding that you hit the same error regardless of
> the above line or not?

Some kind of.

If you look at my original post, with this line the exception is somewhat related to DISTRO_FEATURES. Without the line it is related to TUNE_FEATURES.

And I made another interesting discovery: The exception appears on certain machine types only, e.g with qemuarm it appears, with qemuarm64 or qemux86 not.

And last but not least with fido we did not had any problems.

Regards,
Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058