[OE-core] fido -> jethro switching problem

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Mon Jan 18 11:55:14 UTC 2016

On 15.01.2016 15:29, Koen Kooi wrote:
>> Op 15 jan. 2016 om 15:26 heeft Steffen Sledz <sledz at dresearch-fe.de> het volgende geschreven:
>>> On 15.01.2016 14:24, Steffen Sledz wrote:
>>> And I made another interesting discovery: The exception appears on certain machine types only, e.g with qemuarm it appears, with qemuarm64 or qemux86 not.
>>
>> It seems that all machines based on armv5e are affected.
>
> FWIW, I'm seeing the same problem. The last time it happened it was due to the fixup angstrom does for broken arm BSPs

I've identified this line from meta-angstrom/conf/distro/include/angstrom.inc[1] as "trigger" for the exception in the way, that commenting out this line avoids the exception.

--------------> snip <----------------
# Add FEED_ARCH to machine overrides so we get access to e.g. 'armv7a' and 'sh4'
# Hopefully we'll never see a machine or arch with 'all' as substring
MACHINEOVERRIDES .= ":${@bb.data.getVar('FEED_ARCH', d,1).replace('all','noarch')}"

[1] <https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/meta-angstrom/blob/angstrom-v2015.12-yocto2.0/conf/distro/include/angstrom.inc>

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058