[OE-core] proposal: remove DirectFB from oe-core in the next release cycle

Andreas Oberritter obi at opendreambox.org
Fri Jan 22 15:38:16 UTC 2016

On 22.01.2016 13:58, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> DirectFB upstream project has been dead for several months, the website
> has completely disappeared, and no explanation or apology has ever
> surfaced. [1]
>
> So let's keep DirectFB in the forthcoming release, but drop it early in
> the next release cycle.
>
> [1] http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=DirectFB-Is-It-Gone

FWIW, https://github.com/deniskropp/DirectFB is the new location of the
upstream repository. I see that you opened an issue there, so you're
already aware. The last commit is from October 2015.

I guess many other projects in OE-Corew have seen much less activity. So
what's the real reason for this proposal? Failing update scripts?

Regards,
Andreas