[OE-core] [oe] [RFT] Glibc 2.23 and binutils 2.26

ChenQi Qi.Chen at windriver.com
Wed Jan 27 02:11:49 UTC 2016

On 01/17/2016 07:54 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> Hi all
>
> upstream glibc and binutils release branches have been cut out and are being made ready for next release
> I have put together update patchset for both of them
>
> here are the branches
>
> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/binutils-2.26
> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/tree/kraj/glibc-2.23
>
> FYI These are still using autorev to ensure that we test tip of release branches
>
> Please give them a shot in your environments and report any issues you encounter.
>
> Thanks for help
>
> -Khem

0001-Generate-relocatable-SDKs.patch is included in SRC_URI twice, which
causes the following error when building binutils-crosssdk-XXX.

ERROR: Command Error: exit status: 1  Output:
Patch 0001-Generate-relocatable-SDKs.patch is already applied; check
your series file
ERROR: Function failed: patch_do_patch

binutils-2.26.inc and binutils-crosssdk_2.26.bb both has this patch in
its SRC_RUI.

Regards,
Chen Qi