[OE-core] State of bitbake world, Failed tasks 2016-01-25

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 17:24:03 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 03:31:53PM +0000, Burton, Ross wrote:
>> On 27 January 2016 at 14:10, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >     * /openembedded-core/meta/recipes-kernel/cryptodev/
>> > cryptodev-module_1.8.bb, do_make_scripts
>> >     * /openembedded-core/meta/recipes-kernel/lttng/lttng-modules_git.bb,
>> > do_make_scripts
>> >

>> I can't replicate these with qemux86-64 and current oe-core master.  Do you
>> have any idea what could be causing this?
>
> linux-yocto is failing for me in various ways for last few months/years,
> it could be related to some conflicts with linux-yocto-tiny-kexecboot
>
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/30878/
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/30887/

First thing, this recipe has been built for years.

A couple of weeks ago (Failed tasks 2016-01-09) the error was related
to a kernel bug and this should have been fixed in the meantime (
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/7/12/163 ).

The logs you got seem showing that indeed building the recipe without
having a specific defconfig in the bsp does now lead to a failure
building the cpio.
I say 'seem' because I didn't have yet the time to really check it.

This is a new error and is possibly related to the last INITRAMFS_
blah changes: more are upcoming (see ML).
FWIW there have been some new bugs/changes in oe-core concerning
xz/lzma cpio images in the last days. I'm looking at the commit
history but hey..there are really too many patches flowing around even
if we are in RC phase.

I'll try to fire a build for qemuXXX asap and if I see a quick
solution I'll send it to the ML.

Otherwise I see two possible alternatives:
1) add a defconfig for linux-yocto-tiny-kexecboot for qemu* (Normally
this is done in the BSP layers...)

2) collapse all -kexecboot and -klibc stuff in meta-handheld for I
don't think there are many users apart Zaurus community (this proposal
was already done but someone did reject saying they were using
meta-initramfs)

My 2 cents

Andrea