[OE-core] recipes that inherit useradd delete users in do_configure

Slater, Joseph joe.slater at windriver.com
Tue Jul 12 01:50:11 UTC 2016

This might or might not be a bug, but it does lead to unpleasant behavior if two recipes create the same user.  They probably should not, but who's stopping them?

I realize they are not in oe-core, but proftpd and vsftpd are an example of this.  We have seen failures when building world because proftpd creates "ftp",
then vsftpd deletes it, then proftpd tries to chown a directory to the now-gone "ftp".

Is this a recipe by recipe issue, or should something be changed in the behavior of useradd.bbclass?

Joe