[OE-core] extensible SDK doesn't install when initramfs is bundled with kernel?

André Draszik git at andred.net
Thu Jul 14 14:05:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

It looks like I can't install the extensible SDK if my initramfs is bundled
with the kernel.

I am building two images - my-image & my-image-initramfs (which are mostly
identical at the moment). I have also set
INITRAMFS_IMAGE = "my-image-initramfs"
INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE = "1"

So far so good and things work as expected, I can build image +
kernel/initramfs fine.

Installation of the extensible SDK generated using
bitbake -c populate_sdk_ext my-image or
bitbake -c populate_sdk_ext my-image-initramfs
fails though:

---snip---
Parsing recipes...done.
Parsing of 1804 .bb files complete (0 cached, 1804 parsed). 2362 targets, 384 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Initialising tasks...Initialising tasks...WARNING: The linux-ramips:do_bundle_initramfs sig is computed to be e434881eda830ba400719204a1e49b8d, but the sig is locked to 2b272ac304fd389f7a0745bbe3d4efe8 in SIGGEN_LOCKEDSIGS_t-tgm-r1a
done.
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Running setscene task 7 of 516 (/space/rel-test/poky-rootfs_sdk/layers/poky/meta/recipes-core/base-files/base-files_3.0.14.bb:do_package_qa_setscene)
NOTE: Running setscene task 8 of 516 /space/rel-test/poky-rootfs_sdk/layers/poky/meta/recipes-core/util-linux/util-linux_2.28.bb:do_package_qa_setscene)
[...]
NOTE: Running setscene task 516 of 516 /space/rel-test/poky-rootfs_sdk/layers/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/quilt/quilt-native_0.64.bb:do_populate_sysroot_setscene)
NOTE: recipe quilt-native-0.64-r0: task do_populate_sysroot_setscene: Started
NOTE: recipe quilt-native-0.64-r0: task do_populate_sysroot_setscene: Succeeded
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_fetch attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_unpack attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_kernel_checkout attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_validate_branches attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_kernel_metadata attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_patch attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_kernel_configme attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_configure attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_kernel_configcheck attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_compile attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_kernel_link_images attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_compile_kernelmodules attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_strip attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_sizecheck attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_uboot_mkimage attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_install attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_populate_sysroot attempted to execute unexpectedly and should have been setscened
ERROR: Task linux-ramips.do_bundle_initramfs attempted to execute unexpectedly
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1541 tasks of which 1541 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.

---snap---

Installation works fine though once I comment out INITRAMFS_IMAGE.

Any pointers for to how to resolve this while keeping kernel and initramfs
bundled would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Andre'