[OE-core] easiest way to patch some headers in gcc-5.2 source?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Jun 2 13:40:33 UTC 2016

  for backward compatibility reasons, i need to patch some header
files in gcc-5.2 to change some quoted includes to angle bracket-style
includes.

  i have the patch, and this change is only to make the resultant
cross-compiler work properly, but i figure the easiest thing to do is
just apply the patch to *all* gcc-5.2 compilations (native, cross,
whatever) since it's all fairly innocent and won't break anything that
already works.

  from what i see, in all the recipes and inc files under
oe-core/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/, i can just add the application of
that patch to the gcc-source_5.2.bb recipe, which will then apply to
all gcc-5.2 compilation output, is that correct? so i'd create me a
little gcc-source_5.2.bbappend file and add my patch to SRC_URI.

  does all that sound reasonable? am i reading this correctly?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca