[OE-core] Obtaining a Complete File Manifest for a Given Recipe

Terry Boese Terry.Boese at vecima.com
Thu Jun 16 16:50:01 UTC 2016

I have a Yocto project which contains multiple modules.  Each module is
released independently, so I have the problem of trying to identify
changes in the overall git repository that affect the module being
released, while pruning the changes that are isolated to the other
modules.  I could pass an explicit file list to my git log, but at the
moment I don't know how to get the list of files that affect a given
recipe.  BBINCLUDED gives me all of the input files for parsing the
current recipe, but is not recursive to the dependencies, and does not
provide the list of in-repository files (SRC_URI "file://" entries) that
can change.  Is there a method currently that will allow me to get the
file list (or the git history directly)?  If not, what would be the best
path forward to extend bitbake to add such functionality?

--
Terry Boese
Software Developer
#100, 255 – 2nd Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 3P2
Phone: (306) 955-7075 x4672
Email: terry.boese at vecima.com

_Notice of Confidentiality:_

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed,
is confidential and proprietary, and may contain privileged information. Any
disclosure, copying, review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this message or any information
contained herein by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error,
please
notify the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
delete this transmission, including all attachments, without saving,
copying,
distributing or disclosing same.