[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW25

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Jun 17 15:31:41 UTC 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.2 M1 [still not in QA]

Next Deadline: YP 2.2 M2 cut off would be: 7/18/16

SWAT team rotation: Maxin -> Joshua

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        GTK+3 and Sato rework have merged

*        A rework of taskdata and runqueue was merged to bitbake which should make the code easier to understand more easier to debug.

*        This week we're supposed to have provided the M1 build for QA. Sadly as yet this hasn't happened. There are multiple problematic issues which mean it's not worth starting QA :(

*        There is a problem with recent glibc, older glibc, pseudo and glibc IFUNC symbols breaking the SDK [bug #9761]

*        build-appliance-image is broken due to python2/python3 issues. This is about the fifth different piece of breakage we've fixed there [bug #9758].

*        The autobuilder is having artefact publishing problems. Sadly Beth has left Intel so others are coming up to speed on fixing such issues.

*        We need to resolve the confusion in bug #9520 and figure out if the issues are resolved

*        Need to check that #9716 is resolved

*        There was a space issue in a nightly-x86-64 image which is unexplained at this point and didn't reproduce.

*        OE-Core "nodistro" broke due to GTK+3 requirements on opengl. We can work around this for now but GTK+3 without GL is not sustainable in the medium to long term.

*        There are multiple new "random" failures occurring on the AB again which we're struggling to debug as they're hard to reproduce being potentially timing or load related

*        There is a multilib issue related to the layout of the host libraries leaking into python's build process which we're struggling to debug

*        Only the known still to be unfixed issues are listed here, there are many times this number which have been fixed in the past few days.

*        There are some patches which have not made M1 due to risk or issues being found close to the deadline. The progress patches from Paul and Ross' build changes to bitbake will merge early M2.

Key YP 2.2 Dates:

*        YP 2.2 M1 cut off would be: 6/13/16

*        YP 2.2 M1 release would be: 6/24/16

*        YP 2.2 M2 cut off would be: 7/18/16

*        YP 2.2 M2 release would be: 7/29/16

*        YP 2.2 M3 cut off would be: 8/29/16

*        YP 2.2 M3 release would be: 9/9/16

*        YP 2.2 M4 cut off would be: 10/3/16

*        YP 2.2 M4 release would be: 10/28/16

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2678 (last week 2599)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.2_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com