[OE-core] Adding Bash to meta-toolchain.

Kucharczyk, Bartlomiej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) bartlomiej.kucharczyk at nokia.com
Wed Jun 22 10:23:57 UTC 2016

> Why do you want to install bash to the toolchain?

There are several reasons for doing that:
+ I would like to create an SDK with every tool that is needed for the compilation;
    + to make SDK as much host tools independent as possible;
    + to make builds that use SDK much more deterministic (when using different build hosts);
+ I would like to support RHEL5 (still), where bash 3 is default;
+ and, finally, because I can (bash.bb recipe allows me to do that);

I could ask: Why nativesdk-bash is for? It does not work.

Bartek