[OE-core] [linux-yocto] How to integrate third party application software to yocto image

winiston at futuraautomation.com winiston at futuraautomation.com
Fri Mar 4 04:23:14 UTC 2016

Dear Ross,

Backlist problem got solved by adding the lines which you mentioned in the previous mail. Now it gives the following error while building the image.

winiston at winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$ bitbake qt4e-demo-image
Parsing recipes: 100% |########################| Time: 00:02:24
Parsing of 1125 .bb files complete (0 cached, 1125 parsed). 1569 targets, 139 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'gd' (but /home/winiston/poky/meta/recipes-qt/navit/navit_svn.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close matches:
  gdb
NOTE: Runtime target 'navit' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['navit', 'gd']
ERROR: Required build target 'qt4e-demo-image' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['qt4e-demo-image', 'navit', 'gd']

winiston at winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$

I would be very thankful if you tell me the procedure to add “Navit” in the yocto build. My aim is to integrate “navit” in my image.

Thanking you...

Regards,
Winiston.P
Futura Automation Pvt Ltd.