[OE-core] Status of M3

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Mar 4 22:51:17 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-03 at 14:23 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> Things which still break:
>
> * rpm upgrade causes smart remove to not function
> * gobject-introspection breaks on multilib with python-pygobject file
>   location issue
> * gobject-introspection fails on musl
> * createrepo has occasional failure with checksum mismatch
> * oe-selftest signing failure
> * sato application launch failures from glib issues due to prelink

Most of the above are still broken. In addition, I thought uninative
was going too well, turns out we broke its enablement on the
autobuilders. With that "fixed" we've seen some additional issues (and
some new 'random' race failures):

* a gcc4 verses gcc5 conflict in the libstdc++ ABI (uninative)
* a codepage issue with mcopy (uninative)
* an additional gobject-introspection dependency problem (simple?)
* parallel make race in ncurses make install
* parallel make race in openssl (borrow patches from other distro?)
* some xmlto execution issue

So work remains to get M3 into shape. Not sure how much of my weekend
I'm planning to spend in trying to sort this out...