[OE-core] Status of M3

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Sat Mar 5 01:10:12 UTC 2016

On 5 March 2016 at 00:09, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> * a codepage issue with mcopy (uninative)
>>

> My hunch is that we need to add the utf8 gconv module to the tarball?

My hunch was probably wrong.

stracing the mcopy shows that it's trying to open the gconv files from the
proper native sysroot and not the uninative sysroot, but the files don't
exist in the proper sysroot at all as they're meant to be in the uninative
one.  We also strip the uninative sysroot right down to just one gconv
module which we probably don't want to do now we're trying to use it for
more than just eSDK but it does contain the index at least.

(The strace says this:

13648
open("/home/pokybuild/yocto-autobuilder/yocto-worker/nightly-x86/build/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/gconv/gconv-modules",
O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
)

Presumably it's looking in $libdir which seems reasonable, so I'm not sure
how best to solve this.  Remove gconf from uninative and generate it as
part of the native sysroot?

Anyway it's now gone 1am so I think I'll stop now...

Ross