[OE-core] Status of M3

Zhenhua Luo zhenhua.luo at nxp.com
Mon Mar 14 06:12:20 UTC 2016

A patch is submitted to fix the issue.

http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/117783/

Best Regards,

Zhenhua

From: Hongxu Jia [mailto:hongxu.jia at windriver.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 4:09 PM
To: Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org>; Zhenhua Luo <zhenhua.luo at nxp.com>
Cc: openembedded-core <openembedded-core at lists.openembedded.org>
Subject: Re: [OE-core] Status of M3

On 03/04/2016 06:18 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:

On Fri, 2016-03-04 at 09:41 +0000, Zhenhua Luo wrote:

* meta-fsl-ppc breaks on eudev change (patch pending)

* meta-fsl-ppc breakage blocks AB artefact publishing

[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] The eudev patch is merged, http://git.yoctoproje

ct.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl

-ppc/commit/?id=2642cf5e8a6f8d11603acf016b8c075ebce00ec0, is there

any other blocker issue?

Thanks, I appreciate getting that sorted!

Unfortunately there is something else not quite right with meta-fsl

-ppc:

https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/builders/nightly-fsl-ppc/buil

ds/667

Hi Richard,

In the log, we have do_configure failed on python3:
| checking for the platform triplet based on compiler characteristics... powerpc-linux-gnuspe
| configure: error: internal configure error for the platform triplet, please file a bug report
| NOTE: The following config.log files may provide further information.

vim configure.ac in python3 source
 852 if test x$PLATFORM_TRIPLET != x && test x$MULTIARCH != x; then
 853   if test x$PLATFORM_TRIPLET != x$MULTIARCH; then
 854     AC_MSG_ERROR([internal configure error for the platform triplet, please file a bug report])
 855   fi
 856 fi

In this case, PLATFORM_TRIPLET is powerpc-linux-gnuspe, and MULTIARCH is
MULTIARCH=$($CC --print-multiarch 2>/dev/null), and both of them are not equivalent.

On my local build with MACHINE = "qemux86-64", the MULTIARCH is empty.

On my local build with MACHINE = "p1022ds", $CC --print-multiarch
powerpc-linux-gnuspev1

Extra 'v1' casued the failure.

I am going to see what happen on 'v1', file [YOCTO #9226] to trace it

//Hongxu

Seems something is not working in python3 do_configure? Everything else

is building python3 fine so not sure what is wrong there.