[OE-core] LE and BE build for the same machine in Yocto

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Mar 25 08:26:59 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-03-25 at 06:07 +0000, Zhenhua Luo wrote:
> If the multilib feature is enabled in Yocto, two cross-compile gcc
> binaries will be generated to do both 32b and 64b build for the same
> machine.  Currently we have requirement to build LE u-boot and BE
> kernel/rootfs for the same machine, may I know if there is similar
> multilib mechanism in Yocto to support BE and LE build for the same
> machine?

If u-boot doesn't need any support libs, the existing compiler can
likely cope with that. If you need libgcc, then you will need multilib.

I'd like to get to a point where we can support this using multilib
however it might not all work correctly today. It would be interesting
to try it! The intent is to get to the point where it would work but
its not currently a priority as not many people have been asking for
it.