[OE-core] [meta-oe]: Run time dependencies(i.e. Python package/modules) are not mentioned in dstat recipe

mubin syed mubin10 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 13:48:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am beginner to the yocto recipes.

I have following observation regarding dstat recipe,

1. dstat utility requires some python modules during it's execution(i.e.
run time dependencies).
2. As per my understanding, yocto recipes should mention their run time
dependencies under RDEPENDS variable.
3. But I observed that, dstat recipe(from meta-oe layer) doesn't have any
package assigned to RDEPENDS variable.

Is there any specific reason to not to mention any run time dependency for
dstat utility?
Please correct me if i am missing something.

Thanks,
Mubin