[OE-core] How to force BitBake to track dependency to METADATA_REVISION?

Kucharczyk, Bartlomiej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) bartlomiej.kucharczyk at nokia.com
Thu May 5 18:48:34 UTC 2016

Hello!

I am trying to use METADATA_REVISION variable (defined in metadata_scm.bbclass) in my recipe, but BitBake does not rebuild the task when git revision of the repository changes.
Setting [vardeps] does not help.

I suspect this may be related to the fact that METADATA_REVISION is defined this way:
	METADATA_REVISION ?= "${@base_detect_revision(d)}"
And BitBake does not expand this to the proper value, thus does not see any difference.

Does anyone have any suggestion how to tackle this issue, and force BitBake to properly track dependency to METADATA_REVISION value?

My original task is:
Package feeds/SDK installers are versioned (git metadata revision). I am trying to create an opkg.conf file which will contain such versioned package feeds URL in SDK installer. For build reproducibility, and user convenience.

Thanks in advance!
Bartek