[OE-core] wic wks: data partition only mounted on second boot?

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Tue May 24 17:35:31 UTC 2016

* Matthijs Vader <mvader at victronenergy.com> [160523 13:37]:

> Hi again, fixed and found it myself already. There is an error while mounting that
> partition on the first boot because the mount point (/data) doesn't exist yet.
> Then, later during first boot, some application creates it. Which explains why
> it does work on the second boot.

> Which brings me to a new question:

> Is there are reason for mountall.sh to put all errors into /dev/null? See:
> https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/blob/master/meta/recipes-core/initscripts/initscripts-1.0/mountall.sh#L20

Good question. To be honest, I don't know.

> Or shall I send a -tiny- patch dropping that 2>/dev/null?

As long as it doesn't produce too much noise (i.e. errors on normal
boots etc), sure do that. At least as long as you check that it goes
into the syslog / journal.

That would probably help people debugging certain issues.

Cheers,
Anders
--
Anders Darander, Senior System Architect
ChargeStorm AB / eStorm AB