[OE-core] sip.bbclass?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed May 25 06:46:33 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-25 08:13, Khem Raj wrote:

>> On May 25, 2016, at 8:34 AM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was just wondering why sip.bbclass is in OE-core (at least
>> the Poky version master:c7e614c438706) when nothing uses it?
>
> OE-core can have components which are commonly used in OE infrastructure, especially bindings
> may be checking all layers in layerindex would better answer your question

My impression was [perhaps erroneously] that for an object to be
in OE-core, it had to be _needed_ by some other object in OE-core.
Many recipes have been migrated out when there was no longer a
use for them, so why not .bbclass files as well?  Most other
layers that need .bbclass files that aren't in OE-core just have
their own classes...