[OE-core] using devtool for rebasing patches

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Thu Nov 3 16:52:50 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-11-03 at 18:01 +0200, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> it would be very useful if devtool offered support for rebasing source
> patches when they fail to apply

+1 for that.

I tried it the other way around: first "devtool modify", then rebasing
using git (which only works when the recipe fetches from a git repo),
and finally changing the recipe such that it refers to the version I
rebased onto. But that version change in the recipe confused "devtool
update-recipe" considerably (as in "added all patches between the
version", if I remember correctly).

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.