[OE-core] "Can't install perl-soap-lite-1.20-r0 at all: no package provides /bin/env" ??

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Nov 6 16:31:29 UTC 2016

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016, Christopher Larson wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>         currently writing my first batch of perl recipes, fairly mindlessly
>       plagiarizing from existing recipes, first bunch worked fine, then i
>       whipped together a recipe for SOAP::Lite from here:
>
>         https://metacpan.org/pod/SOAP::Lite
>
>       built fine, but when i tried to add the perl-soap-lite-1.20-r0.all.rpm
>       to my core-image-minimal build, i got:
>
>         Computing transaction...error: Can't install \
>           perl-soap-lite-1.20-r0 at all: no package provides /bin/env
>
>       sure enough, that rpm has that dependency:
>
>         $ rpm -qpR perl-soap-lite-1.20-r0.all.rpm
>         /bin/env
>         /usr/bin/env
>         perl
>         $
>
>       and when i fire up my "qemuppc" session for that core-image-minimal
>       image, there is indeed no /bin/env file (hence the error), but there
>       is:
>
>         /usr/bin/env -> /bin/busybox.nosuid
>
>       so ... what is the proper solution for this? i suspect i'm going to
>       run into this issue again in upcoming recipes, so i'd love to resolve
>       it in a minimally hacky way.
>

> Sounds like there’s a script in that package with a #!/bin/env,
> which is wrong.

  dang, i should have thought of that ... and, yes, after fetching and
unpacking source (no patches yet):

$ grep -r "/bin/env" *
bin/stubmaker.pl:#!/usr/bin/env perl
bin/SOAPsh.pl:#!/bin/env perl
examples/XMLRPC/xmlrpc.daemon:#!/usr/bin/env perl
examples/XMLRPC/xmlrpc.cgi:#!/usr/bin/env perl
t/15-daemon.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/17-mod_soap.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/05-customxml.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/03-server.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/04-attach.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/11-cgi.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/02-payload.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/12-cgi_https.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/24-wsdl.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/14-cgi_apache.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/23-ppm.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/01-core.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/13-mod_perl.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/22-interop_apache.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/19-apachesoap.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/08-schema.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/06-modules.t:#!/bin/env perl
t/21-public.t:#!/bin/env perl
$

  is the obvious solution to just patch all those "/bin/env" to
"/usr/bin/env"?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca