[OE-core] libdbus-c++

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Nov 14 10:53:43 UTC 2016

On 14 November 2016 at 10:33, thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com <
thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> I wanted to build an executable using libdbus-c++ but OE-Core has no
> recipe providing libdbus-c++, please correct me if I'm wrong here!
>
> Is there a reason, other than no one wanted a recipe for libdbus-c++ yet,
> against the usage of dbus-c++ implementation or why isn't there a recipe
> for libdbus-c++?

There isn't a recipe in oe-core because nothing in oe-core needs it, and it
isn't considered fundamental enough.  It seems that every six months
someone writes a recipe for dbus-c++ (because they have problems and ask
for help on the lists) but nobody yet has actually submitted a recipe to
meta-oe.  You can be that person!

Ross