[OE-core] libtool --with-libtool-sysroot

Jack Mitchell ml at embed.me.uk
Wed Nov 16 10:20:18 UTC 2016

On 11/11/16 17:33, Burton, Ross wrote:

> On 11 November 2016 at 17:31, Jack Mitchell <ml at embed.me.uk
> <mailto:ml at embed.me.uk>> wrote:
>
>     How would one check which libtool was being used, or influence which
>     one autotools chooses?
>

> One common problem is a makefile or configure using "libtool" directly
> instead of $(LIBTOOL).
>
> Grep the generated Makefiles for "libtool", the only instance where it
> is executed should be in an assignment to LIBTOOL.  For example, glib:
>
> LIBTOOL = $(top_builddir)/x86_64-poky-linux-libtool

I got to the bottom of this, I was switching between native and cross
compiling but only running 'autoreconf -i' so it was detecting libtool
was already present from previous native runs and not replacing it with
our 'cross' version of libtool. I feel like there should be a binary
compatibility check in there to auto overwrite if they don't match, but
hey ho.

Always use autoreconf -if to force update of all the required autotools
scripts in future.

Cheers,
Jack.