[OE-core] truncating quoted text in emails

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 16 22:17:28 UTC 2016

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 16:36:28 Patrick Ohly wrote:
> While trying to follow patch reviews on this list I noticed that
> (subjectively?) quite a few replies completely quote the original email
> and then just add a few lines. That looks fine in GMail where the quoted
> text is folded, but not so much in mail readers where quoted text is
> unfolded (Evolution).
>
> A random example:
> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2016-November/1288
> 61.html
>
> Not sure what the netiquette is for this list, but at least I would
> appreciate a bit more aggressive trimming in replies - thanks! ;-}

I completely agree. I really prefer not to have to wade through the entire
quoted text of a long patch email only to read something like "ACK" at the
end. (By all means quote specific parts that you want to respond to in
detail.)

Still, better to have some reply than no reply, I suppose.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton