[OE-core] [Openembedded-architecture] Enabling uninative by default in oe-core?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Nov 18 08:03:26 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-11-18 at 08:15 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:

> > Op 17 nov. 2016, om 18:31 heeft Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com
> > > het volgende geschreven:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Background: uninative is a class that downloads a precompiled host
> > glibc
> Why can’t OE build it on-demand? What’s next, requiring prebuilt
> toolchains?

Its a chicken and egg problem.

We could add a special "uninativesdk" BBCLASSEXTEND range of targets,
then require that it built before we build anything native (or anything
that needs a native tool). This would push build times up 'a little'
and I suspect might not be popular. So the reason we "can't" is that
its impractical, not an absolute technical constraint.