[OE-core] Contents of non-rootfs partitions

Kristian Amlie kristian.amlie at mender.io
Thu Nov 24 15:51:36 UTC 2016

On 24/11/16 16:28, Andreas Oberritter wrote:
> Note that in a shell, "data/*" doesn't include "data/.*". So this syntax
> avoids the confusing rsync syntax in trade for another one. I'd prefer
> the rsync flavour, because "behaves like rsync" is easier to remember
> than "behaves like a shell glob, but differently". Confusion could be
> prevented with good documentation, FWIW.

This is turning into a bit of a bikeshed discussion. I have a slight
preference for the glob version, because I think it's less surprising,
but I'm fine either way.

I count myself and Ed in favor of glob version, Ulrich and Andreas in
favor of rsync version. Patrick, you wanna be tie breaker? :-)

--
Kristian