[OE-core] openssl: OpenSSL 1.1.x update

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Thu Oct 6 02:33:50 UTC 2016

On 10/5/16 9:11 PM, Tan, Raymond wrote:
> Greetings, I would like to know if there is any plan / schedule to upgrade to openssl 1.1.0 into OE-core?

Currently 1.0.2 is the LTS version of OpenSSL.  1.1.0 is not scheduled to be LTS.

For the upcoming release (soon), I would NOT expect 1.1.0 to be in it.  There
are still too many incompatibilities with other components.

For the next version of OE, I think it is appropriate to include 1.1.0, but I
would also like to maintain 1.0.2 for the time being.  (Beside LTS, it also is
still the only way to have FIPS-140-2 module, as there is currently no module in
the 1.1.0 -- and there may not be for a while.)

--Mark