[OE-core] linux-yocto and linux-libc-headers are again going backwards

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Oct 6 10:20:56 UTC 2016

On 6 October 2016 at 10:27, Richard Purdie <
richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> I wish we knew for certain whether ~ works properly everywhere. A good
> case for some unittests I guess...

I own the bug for that and there's actually a start at this in
poky-contrib.  The problem is that it's practically impossible to ask RPM
to do a version check from a shell, and opkg at the time had three
different comparison algorithms depending on what you were doing.

I'll have another look for 2.3.

Ross