[OE-core] rpm: Recover RPM4 to OE-core

Fan Xin fan.xin at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Oct 6 11:18:11 UTC 2016

Hi

I did some work to figure out whether the smartpm could been built with
python3. However, I found smartpm is dependent with rpm, and OE-core
uses RPM5 which seems has some bug.
http://rpm5.org/community/rpm-users/1098.html

RPM4 could be built with python3. So I think maybe we could recover RPM4
into OE-core which is deleted
(oe-core a6e7a86f1635be9a688c56c25e9d215ea4d2cc84 )

The drop reason is that RPM4 is buggy and no one want to maintain it.

I build RPM4 in OE-core and the build is finished without any bug. And
next I will try to use smartpm to manage RPM4 packages in my local
environment.

By the way, could anyone give more detail info about the bugs in RPM4 or
any suggestion about how to make smartpm built with python3.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Fan