[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW41

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Oct 7 15:22:18 UTC 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.2 M4

Next Deadline: YP 2.2 M4 which will be Oct. 3rd (5:00pm GMT)

SWAT team rotation: Armin -> Saul

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        The 4.8 kernel was released and we've updated to the release version. Sadly they broke the userspace headers late in the cycle so we had to work around issues there and whilst the qemu machines are updated, we're still waiting on the hardware reference BSPs. This should be completed by Monday.

*        Based on this, the first rc build of 2.2 should therefore be on Monday.

*        We have fixed a good number of medium+ bugs and the list of bugs we're targeting for the release is starting to diminish.

*        There are still a number of worrying issues such as eSDK performance questions, an sdk toolchain issue and various other issues we'd ideally like to fix for the reason, several of which have patches in testing.

*        The YP 2.2 release branches ("morty") have been created.

*        The defect tracking metric dropped again this week and we're now just below the level we reached before the 2.1 release. We've not managed to reduce the bug defect density and open bugs counts like this for a while so this is good news!

*        We are starting to defer more invasive changes to be post 2.2 in the 2.3 timeframe.

Key YP 2.2 Dates:

*        YP 2.2 M4 cut off would be: 10/3/16

*        YP 2.2 M4 release would be: 10/28/16

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2380 (last week 2451)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.2_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com