[OE-core] Serious build error

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Sun Oct 9 11:24:37 UTC 2016

Using Poky/Yocto rev 65107a9abe6c6c92c2c21e7dacfe4cc028ab7cb7 (2016-10-09), I get this
during do_rootfs for my image:

Collected errors:
   * calculate_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for epiphany:
   *      webkitgtk (>= 2.12.5) *
   * opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package epiphany.

I'm not sure how to interpret this as webkitgtk v2.12.5-r0 is in my build?
I'm also not sure why the version pinning as the only reference I can find
for this is in .../meta/recipes-gnome/epiphany/epiphany_3.20.3.bb:
   DEPENDS = "libsoup-2.4 webkitgtk gtk+3 iso-codes ca-certificates avahi libnotify gcr libwnck3 \

I also didn't find any use of epiphany in any of the image recipes
in the default Poky/Yocto.  Is this actually being tested on a regular
basis?