[OE-core] udev/mount.sh: use lazy umount

Matthijs Vader mvader at victronenergy.com
Mon Oct 10 21:45:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

umount will fail if there are processes accessing files at the device, use lazy umount to avoid this problem.

I found this patch [1] a long long time ago, but don't see it in master now.

Any reason why it was not accepted? Is there any harm in using lazy umount?

I know that it is not a 100% solution, and that it is best to make the user trigger an umount before taking a card out. But that will not be done every time.

And without lazy unmount, the device will never be unmounted, causing the next mount (triggered by an insert) to fail as well.

See also the discussion on our own issue tracker [2].

[1] http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2010-June/066241.html

[2] https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/59

Best regards,

Matthijs