[OE-core] Two kmeta's not allowed for master?

Nathan Rossi nathan at nathanrossi.com
Tue Oct 11 13:38:30 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 11:15 PM,  <vesa.jaaskelainen at vaisala.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying out how well 'master' branch compiles in our environment.
>
> We are using meta-xilinx and then we have custom BSP layer which bbappends linux-xlnx.
>
> When using meta-xilinx as standalone (w/o our BSP layer) I can get it to compile.
>
> However when using it with combo meta-xilinx and our BSP we get failure on do_kernel_metadata due to missing scc files.
>
> It seems that there can no longer be two kmeta entries in SRC_URI.
>
> meta-xilinx's linux-xlnx.inc has:
> file://xilinx-base;type=kmeta;destsuffix=xilinx-base

linux-xlnx has multiple kmeta sources. The one you mention here:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-xilinx/tree/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx.inc#n13

And two more (added by a separate include):
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-xilinx/tree/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xilinx-configs.inc#n8

So I don't think this is an issue due to the number of type=kmeta sources.

Regards,
Nathan