[OE-core] meta-toolchain and meta-toolchain-qt for specific image

thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com
Wed Oct 19 08:19:00 UTC 2016

Hey!

I want to create such a nice toolchain installation package for my image recipe.
The problem I currently hit is, that I need to do populate_sdk and populate_sdk_qt5 to have qt5 toolchain too.

Now I had an idea to create a recipe for the SDK like:

----------
SUMMARY = "Meta package for building an installable toolchain"
LICENSE = "MIT"

PR = "r0"

inherit populate_sdk populate_sdk_qt5

But how can I tell the recipe to additionally install all the "*-dev" packages which my original image recipe installs.
When I require the image recipe, the toolchain recipe does a do_rootfs task (which is not needed, as it is done by building the image).

I read something about TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK and adding all the "*-dev" packages I want to this. But that doesn't work.

Any hints?

cheers,
Thilo